|Boeing 747-8F First Flight – 8 February 2010
The Boeing 747-8 Freighter successfully took to the sky for the first time on Monday 8 February 2010.
With 747 Chief Pilot Mark Feuerstein and Capt. Tom Imrich in the flight deck, the newest member of the 747 family took off at 12:39 p.m. local time from Paine Field in Everett and landed at Paine Field at 4:18 p.m.
“It was a real privilege to be at the controls of this great airplane on its first flight, representing the thousands of folks who made today possible,” said Feuerstein. “The airplane performed as expected and handled just like a 747-400.”
This flight was the first of more than 1,600 flight hours in the test program for the newest member of the Boeing freighter family. The airplane followed a route over Western Washington, where it underwent tests for basic handling qualities and engine performance. The airplane reached a cruising altitude of 17,000 feet (5,181 m) and a speed of up to 230 knots, or about 264 miles (426 km) per hour.
Powered by four General Electric GEnx-2B engines, the 747-8 Freighter will transition its testing program to Moses Lake, Wash., and Palmdale, Calif., where the other two test airplanes will join it in the coming month.
The 747-8 Freighter is the new, high-capacity 747 that will give cargo operators the lowest operating costs and best economics of any freighter. The airplane is 250 feet, 2 inches (76.3 m) long, which is 18 feet, 4 inches (5.6 m) longer than the 747-400 Freighter. The stretch provides customers with 16 percent more revenue cargo volume compared with its predecessor. That translates to an additional four main-deck pallets and three lower-hold pallets.
Boeing launched the airplane on Nov. 14, 2005, with firm orders for 18 747-8 Freighters: 10 from Cargolux of Luxembourg and eight from Nippon Cargo Airlines of Japan. All told, Boeing has secured 108 orders for the 747-8, of which 76 are orders for the new freighter. Cargolux, Nippon Cargo Airlines, AirBridgeCargo Airlines, Atlas Air, Cathay Pacific, Dubai Aerospace Enterprise, Emirates SkyCargo, Guggenheim and Korean Air all have ordered the 747-8 Freighter.
Enter your email
- MATERI SOSIALISASI E PAYMENT – E SKA
- Peraturan Menteri Keuangan Nomor 184/PMK.01/2017 tanggal 4 Desember 2017, tentang Persyaratan untuk Menjadi Kuasa Hukum pada Pengadilan Pajak.
- Peraturan Menteri Keuangan Nomor 178/PMK.04/2017 tanggal 27 Nopember 2017, tentang Impor Sementara.
- Peraturan Menteri Keuangan Nomor 158/PMK.04/2017 tanggal 10 Nopember 2017, tentang Tatalaksana Penyerahan Pemberitahuan Rencana Kedatangan Sarana Pengangkut, Manifes Kedatangan Sarana Pengangkut dan Manifes Keberangkatan Sarana Pengangkut.
- MATERI SOSIALISASI KEPABEANAN 2017
- MATERI Sosialisasi INSW 051217
- Patch Modul PIB – Sehubungan dengan Peraturan Menteri Pertanian Nomor 17/Permentan/KR.120/2/2017 tentang Dokumen Karantina Hewan, Nomor 14/Permentan/KR.050/4/2017 tentang Bentuk dan Jenis Dokumen Tindakan Karantina Tumbuhan dan Pengawasan Keamanan Pangan Segar asal Tumbuhan dilakukan penambahan kode tarif Preferensi ASEAN-Japan Comprehensive Economic Partnership dengan kode 61 dan Surat Keterangan Bebas Pajak (SKB PPh dan SKP PPN/PPNBM) Pengguna jasa dapan mengunduh patch modul PIB pada tautan berikut ini [UNDUH PATCH PIB]