|Boeing 747-8F First Flight – 8 February 2010
The Boeing 747-8 Freighter successfully took to the sky for the first time on Monday 8 February 2010.
With 747 Chief Pilot Mark Feuerstein and Capt. Tom Imrich in the flight deck, the newest member of the 747 family took off at 12:39 p.m. local time from Paine Field in Everett and landed at Paine Field at 4:18 p.m.
“It was a real privilege to be at the controls of this great airplane on its first flight, representing the thousands of folks who made today possible,” said Feuerstein. “The airplane performed as expected and handled just like a 747-400.”
This flight was the first of more than 1,600 flight hours in the test program for the newest member of the Boeing freighter family. The airplane followed a route over Western Washington, where it underwent tests for basic handling qualities and engine performance. The airplane reached a cruising altitude of 17,000 feet (5,181 m) and a speed of up to 230 knots, or about 264 miles (426 km) per hour.
Powered by four General Electric GEnx-2B engines, the 747-8 Freighter will transition its testing program to Moses Lake, Wash., and Palmdale, Calif., where the other two test airplanes will join it in the coming month.
The 747-8 Freighter is the new, high-capacity 747 that will give cargo operators the lowest operating costs and best economics of any freighter. The airplane is 250 feet, 2 inches (76.3 m) long, which is 18 feet, 4 inches (5.6 m) longer than the 747-400 Freighter. The stretch provides customers with 16 percent more revenue cargo volume compared with its predecessor. That translates to an additional four main-deck pallets and three lower-hold pallets.
Boeing launched the airplane on Nov. 14, 2005, with firm orders for 18 747-8 Freighters: 10 from Cargolux of Luxembourg and eight from Nippon Cargo Airlines of Japan. All told, Boeing has secured 108 orders for the 747-8, of which 76 are orders for the new freighter. Cargolux, Nippon Cargo Airlines, AirBridgeCargo Airlines, Atlas Air, Cathay Pacific, Dubai Aerospace Enterprise, Emirates SkyCargo, Guggenheim and Korean Air all have ordered the 747-8 Freighter.
Enter your email
- 24 Tahun 2018 pelayanan perizinan berusaha terintergrasi secara elektronik
- MATERI SOSIALISASI IMPORT SEMENTARA ONLINE
- Peraturan Menteri Keuangan Nomor 63/PMK.01/2018 tanggal 6 Juni 2018 Perubahan atas Peraturan Menteri Keuangan Nomor 132/PMK.01/2008 tentang Pedoman dan Pentahapan dalam rangka Pembangunan dan Penerapan Indonesia National Single Window.
- PER DIRJEN BEA CUKAI 38/BC/2017
- . Peraturan Dirjen Bea Cukai Nomor PER-02/BC/2018 Tanggal 26 Januari 2018 Tentang: Petunjuk Pelaksanaan Impor Sementara
- . Peraturan Dirjen Bea Cukai Nomor PER-06/BC/2018 Tanggal 21 Maret 2018 Tentang: Perubahan Atas Peraturan Direktur Jenderal Bea dan Cukai Nomor PER-04/BC/2018 Tentang Pelaksanaan Registrasi Kepabeanan
- Peraturan Menteri Keuangan Nomor 62/PMK.04/2018 tanggal 6 Juni 2018 Perubahan Kedua atas Peraturan Menteri Keuangan Nomor 160/PMK.04/2010 tentang Nilai Pabean untuk Penghitungan Bea Masuk.